WHO MAY ENTER & WHO IS ELEGIBLE:
Must be 18 or over. Photo ID required. Contest open to all United States residents except staff and volunteers of the detour, their sponsors, other radio broadcast organizations, their employees and their immediate family members. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. No purchase necessary. All federal, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. By participating, you agree to these Official Contest Rules and to the decisions of the judges which are final and binding in all respects. Winners are not eligible to win another prize on the detour for one hundred ninety (190) days from date won.
HOW TO PLAY:
There is no purchase necessary to enter or participate in all detour contests. Contests may be entered by one or more of the following four (4) methods:
- Call/message/e-mail to enter: “The (‘nth) caller/message/e-mail will be selected to play.” Caller may need to be able to supply the correct answer, or just be the right sequence of caller/messager/e-mailer. The message system URL is http://thedetour.us/message. The station is not responsible for any busy signals, power outages, internet interuptions, web site downtime, misdirected phone calls or malfunctions of telephone equipment systems.
- E-mail to enter: email@example.com
- Write to enter:
the detour network
PO Box 31201
Knoxville, TN 37930
Anyone who has misrepresented their identity will be disqualified from any and all detour contests, both on air and off air for a specified time period as determined by the the detour General Manager.
CONTESTS AT REMOTE BROADCASTS: “Register to Win” boxes for prizes are conducted at many live broadcasts. There may be specific rules for that prize(s) listed on the box as to age requirements or when the drawing will be held. Depending on the numbers of prizes to be awarded, drawings may be done at several different times during the remote, once at the end, or a winner will be drawn the next day. The client also may make a decision as to when a drawing is done. If there is no client dictate, the the detour on-air personality has the discretion to award prizes. If the winner does not accept the prize they are awarded, they are not entitled to any other prize unless offered by the client or the station representative at the detour live broadcast. You must be present in person to register and you may not fill out registration forms for anyone else other than yourself. Finalists MUST be present to qualify.
CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- In order for any prize to be awarded, the winner will be required to sign an eligibility affidavit and liability release waiver before the prize will be awarded. The winner must meet a staff member of the detour network at agreed time and location to claim their prize. All prize winners may be required to submit a copy of valid identification (driver’s license), and a copy of their social security card or other legal form of identification in order to claim prize.
- Winner acknowledges that the detour has the right to publicize his/her name, character likeness, photograph, voice without further authorization or financial remuneration.
- Prizes awarded are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash or alternative prize substitution. Any taxes or associated fees are the responsibility of the prize winner. Winners acknowledge that, under federal law, notification of their winnings in excess of $600 shall be forwarded to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. the detour is not responsible for and will provide no warranties regarding the use of the grand prize. All prizes must be claimed within 2 weeks (14 days) of winning. Failure to collect the prize constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, prize will remain property of the detour. Another winner will not be selected.
- If the winner is found to be in violation of these rules, he/she may be required to forfeit his/her prize.
For a list of winners of a particular contest, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
the detour network
PO Box 31201
Knoxville, TN 37930 USA
the detour reserves the right to make rule or contest changes without notice at any time and reserve the right to change the aforementioned contest date(s) without notice. The decision of the detour management in the interpretation of these rules is final. the detour, their representatives, agencies and employees are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of this prize. the detour, their representatives, agencies and employees are not responsible for any changes or difficulties in travel or prize delivery. The decision of the detour management in the interpretation of these rules is final. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the official contest rules.
ODDS OF WINNING:
The odds of being selected as an official finalist are dependent upon the number of entries.
CONTEST QUESTIONS/GENERAL QUESTIONS – 423-741-6969
GOOD LUCK AND THANKS FOR LISTENING TO THE DETOUR NETWORK!