Thank you for your interest in submitting music to the detour network. As a freeform radio station we play all genres.
**PLEASE READ CAREFULLY OR YOUR SUBMISSION MAY BE DISREGARDED** It is important for the guidelines listed below to be followed exactly. Any submissions that do not follow these guidelines are subject to automatic deletion WITHOUT notice. Additionally, we do not confirm if submissions have been added to the station. These guidelines are designed to quickly get your music on the air and maintain accuracy, not to be a burden.
MP3s or AAC only! No WMA, MP2, WAV, OGG, M4A, ACC
Here are the following….
- The song is encoded in mp3 format at least 96 kbps and preferably no more than 192kps. (Our stations stream at no more than 128kbps and do not require higher bitrates. Higher bitrates waste valuable disk space.)
- ***MOST IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT. SUBMISSION WILL BE DELETED IF NOT FORMATTED CORRECTLY***: PLEASE FORMAT THE FILE NAME AS “Artist Name – Song Title.mp3”
- The song is a clean version (if possible). If the song contains vulgar language by FCC standards, then make sure to mark the song as “dirty” or “unedited.”
- Fill out the ID3 tag on the mp3 (where you put the song name, artist name, album name, year, etc.). If you don’t know how to do this, please include the band name and album that the song is from within your e-mail.
- PICK YOUR BEST 3 SONGS and send them! Do NOT send us your entire album. We WILL not listen to it all!
Once you’ve taken care of this, you can send your songs to us either by e-mail or snail mail…
To send via e-mail, attach it and send it to email@example.com
To send via snail mail, send a CD to…
PO Box 31201
Knoxville, TN 37930
How long will it take for my music to be added to the stations??
Due to the amount of submissions received, it can take up to 6 months to add your music to the station if you send us a CD through snail mail. If you send us music through e-mail (as a mp3), your music will be added to the station A LOT faster.
[We are not obligated to place your music on any of our stations. We are not obligated to return any correspondence. We reserve the right to reject any music not meeting our submission/editorial standards. If you feel that our submission guidelines are to stringent, you agree to not submit music to our network. You agree that you are a legally authorized representative of the band/artist’s music that you are submitting and that you have permission to submit music on behalf of the band/artist. By submitting music to our network you grant us permission to broadcast your music (both terrestrial and through the internet radio). You also grant us permission to not have to pay royalties to play your submissions. You also agree that submitted music is OK to be broadcast in the USA and not restricted by any treaties, laws, or rules in your foreign land. Please direct any suggestions, comments, or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org]